How Can You Fix Erectile Dysfunction
Natural ways to cure erectile dysfunction naturally and permanently
Erectile dysfunction is a medical condition that makes it challenging for men to attain or keep a firm erection to have sex. It can interfere not only with sexual activity but also with the individual's quality of life. This blog talks about the causes of weak erection, tips to fix ED, oral medications, and the latest treatment of erectile dysfunction.
Causes of Weak Erection
The causes of weak erection can be physical, psychological, or both.
The physical causes of weak erection are common among older men. They occur due to disorders that may affect the nerves and blood vessels that play a significant role in causing an erection. These causes can include medical health conditions such as:
- high blood pressure
- heart disease
- atherosclerosis, or hardening of the arteries
- diabetes, obesity
- high cholesterol
- multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Parkinson's disease
- liver or kidney disease
- Peyronie's disease, or scarring of the penile region resulting in a curved penis
Other physical causes may include:
- substance abuse (alcoholism or addiction to drugs)
- long-term use of tobacco
- congenital genitalia problems
- trauma or injury to the genital region or the spinal cord
- treatment for prostate problems
- specific medications, such as diuretics, beta-blockers, antidepressants, or muscle relaxers
Emotional problems can distract a man belonging to any age group from becoming aroused sexually or having a weak erection, and include:
- relationship conflicts
- prolonged emotional distress associated with professional, financial, or social issues
- worry over the performance or not being able to attain or maintain an erection
Causes of Weak Erection in Young Men
Men belonging to the young age group of 20 to 30 years may also experience weak erection. Due to the changes in lifestyle and everyday stress, the reported cases of these medical issues in young men are continuously rising. Some research states that weak erection in young men has more to do with mental health than with any physical problem. Also, young men were found to take more alcohol, tobacco, and drugs than older men.
Tips to Fix Erectile Dysfunction
The severity of erectile dysfunction is often categorized on a three-point scale: mild, moderate, and severe. The first step in treating this medical problem is identifying where you fall on the scale. Once your healthcare professional determines the cause and the severity of your erectile dysfunction, it becomes easy to treat.
Options for treating problems concerning erection may include:
- the medication injected into the penis (corpus cavernosum), such as alprostadil (Edex, Caverject)
- oral medications such as tadalafil (Cialis) and sildenafil (Viagra)
- a drug injected into the urethra (opening point of the penis), such as alprostadil (MUSE)
- surgery, such as penile implant surgery
- vacuum devices
Many of the physical reasons for erection issues are associated with lifestyle choices. You may consider making the following changes in your lifestyle:
- drinking less alcohol
- stopping tobacco use
- eating a healthy diet
- getting plenty of rest
- exercise regularly
- communicating with your partner regarding sexual issues
Follow it regularly if lifestyle changes help you maintain and keep an erection. Although if it does not reduce the symptoms, consult your healthcare professional to determine the root cause of your erection issues.
Your health expert might examine your penis, prostate, and rectum as well as the working of your nervous system. They will also talk to you about how your symptoms began and whether you have any pre-existing health problems.
Natural Remedies to Treat Erectile Dysfunction
Your overall health needs to get the required amount of sleep each night. Getting regular quality sleep may also improve your erectile dysfunction. A 2017 study found that men working at night have reported worse sleep quality and are at higher risk for ED.
Not getting required sleep can lower your testosterone levels, which may further contribute to ED. Sustained sleep deprivation is also related to medical conditions associated with ED, like high blood pressure and diabetes.
Managing proper weight can help you deal with erectile dysfunction. A 2020 research review found that ED was more common in men who had obesity, overweight, or larger waist circumferences. If your weight is responsible for erectile problems, exercise and a balanced diet can aid you in losing weight and improve your ED.
In some cases, ED results from a combination of physical and psychological issues. It may include religious beliefs, fear of failure, and sexual trauma. In turn, ED can cause additional mental problems, including lower self-esteem and emotional distress, which can further worsen the medical condition. Therapy can help address these problems to improve ED.
Oral Medication for Erectile Dysfunction
There are some oral medications that can relax your muscles and increase (or boost) blood flow to your penis, making it easier to attain an erection and maintain it. Such oral medicines include:
- sildenafil (Viagra)
- avanafil (Stendra)
- tadalafil (Cialis)
- vardenafil (Staxyn, Levitra)
Do not use any ED drugs if you take nitrates, including nitroglycerin or a similar medication, for chest pain. The combination of nitrates with erectile dysfunction medications can dangerously result in low blood pressure.
All the above-mentioned medications work in a similar way. However, there are considerable differences in how long they stay efficient and how quickly they start to work.
- Levitra takes approximately 30 minutes to begin working, and the drug effects are likely to last a little longer than Viagra, about five hours.
- Staxyn is an oral tablet that dissolves in your mouth. It contains a similar active ingredient as Levitra and begins working in about fifteen minutes.
- Viagra takes about 30 minutes to start its effects and lasts longer than four hours.
- Cialis lasts a bit longer, for up to 36 hours in some cases.
- Stendra can start functioning in as little as fifteen minutes, and its effects can last for up to six hours.
You can make a switch from one ED medicine to another. You may notice that one drug works better for your schedule or that there are variances in the side effects for you. These medications function the same fundamental way, so you are likely to experience similar results.
What to do before taking ED medications?
Firstly, do not take any ED medication for chest pain if you take nitrates, including nitroglycerin. There are several situations that may make these drugs unsafe as well. So, before taking Viagra or any other impotence agent, tell your medical healthcare professional:
- about any prescription/nonprescription drugs you take, as well as any dietary supplements and herbal medicines
- if you are allergic to any components of the medication, including other ED medicines
- Suppose you take alpha-blockers for prostate problems or blood pressure. It can lower your blood pressure level when you take it with ED pills.
- if you have any schedule for surgery, even dental surgery
Latest Treatment for Erectile Dysfunction
The latest treatment for erectile dysfunction includes a topical get product, known as MED2005. This gel helps treat mild to moderate erectile dysfunction. The five oral medications mentioned above are effective, while research is finding new and better options.
Melanocortin activators are drugs that are likely to act through the central nervous system. They have shown promising results on keeping an erection in animals; the human trials given through the nose have also demonstrated possibilities in treating mild to moderate ED.
Gene therapy: This latest treatment works by delivering genes that produce products or proteins that might not be working efficiently in the penile tissue of men with ED. Protein replacement may lead to improvement in erectile dysfunction.