Showing all 4 results
Codeine 15mg$329.00 Select options
Codeine 300/30mg$359.00 Select options
Codeine 30mg$329.00 Select options
Codeine 60mg$409.00 Select options
Generic Name: Codeine
Drug Class: Narcotic Analgesic
What is Codeine?
Codeine is known for its pain-relieving properties. It’s a popular narcotic drug used to treat different types of mild to moderately severe pains. Codeine may also be used for certain other purposes not mentioned in this drug guide.
In the United States, it is a prescription medication and approved for limited medical purposes. Recreational use of this opioid is illegal.
Mode of Action
It is tough to say how Codeine works exactly. However, it is thought, like morphine, Codeine binds certain opioid receptors in the brain that function to transfer the sensation of pain throughout the body and brain.
Codeine is a common drug of abuse and has certain habit-forming properties. Physical and psychological dependence is possible if not taken correctly. Therefore, to achieve higher positive effects and avoid unintended impacts of the drug, you need to know about some facts.
Read the following questions & answers carefully to know how to take and what to avoid while using Codeine.
What to know before taking Codeine?
Codeine is a narcotic drug that can lead to drug dependence. Buy Codeine online only in severe conditions when other medicines are not effective.
Recreational use of Codeine can slow your breathing and cause serious health issues. Misuse of opioid drugs can cause addiction, especially in a child or other persons using it through overdoses.
This opioid medicine is not approved for use in anyone less than 18 years of age.
You should not take Codeine tablets if you are allergic to it or if you have;
- Severe breathing problems or severe asthma
- A blockage in your intestines or stomach
- Frequent asthma attacks
To make sure Codeine is safe for you, tell your pharmacist if you ever had;
- Liver disease
- Sleep apnea or other sleeping problems
- Asthma, COPD, and other breathing problems
- Kidney disease
- Brain tumor or head injury
- Low blood pressure
- A gallbladder or pancreas disorder
- A blockage in your digestive tract
- Underactive thyroid
- Urination problems
- Mental illness or drug addiction
How to take Codeine?
It is always crucial to take medicine in its best and most effective way. This helps you get rid of the problem in a minimum number of days and avoid side effects. Therefore, read the following list of precautions that you can take while using Codeine;
- As mentioned earlier, Codeine is a common drug of abuse and can make you feel high. So, make sure you take Codeine in divided doses and at regular intervals.
- First, you need to read your prescription or drug guide very carefully and ask your pharmacist if you can’t read.
- After reading, start your treatment in the same way as mentioned in your medication guide. It is always good to start your treatment with the lowest possible dosage.
- Your doctor/pharmacist will tell you when and how to increase or decrease the dosage. Keep in touch to know about the necessary changes in your treatment.
- Always take Codeine tablets orally, with or without food, as per your choice or doctor’s suggestion.
- Your dosage should be based on factors like your age, the severity of the condition, other medical conditions you have, and how your body reacts to opioids
- Usual adult dose for pain
- Initial dose: 15mg to 60 mg orally up to every hour as needed
- Maximum dose: 360 mg in one day (24 hours)
What to avoid while taking Codeine?
It is always crucial to look upon both the good and bad aspects. Till now, we have talked about the things you need to follow while taking Codeine. Now, it is time to know what to avoid while using Codeine. Avoid following habits to save yourself and your loving ones from the harmful consequences of Codeine.
Breastfeeding: Mom’s milk is the best source of nutrients compulsory for the survival and development of a child. But, after mixing with an opioid-like Codeine, the same milk may prove dangerous for a child. Codeine can pass through your breast milk and lead to severe withdrawal symptoms in your child.
Pregnancy: There are not enough pieces of evidence to show how Codeine reacts during the pregnancy. Still, such drugs can cause severe concerns in your fetus and result in congenital disabilities as well. Ask your doctor before taking Codeine in pregnancy.
Alcohol and other drugs: Mixing alcohol or other high-potential drugs with Codeine can produce serious drug overdose effects. Do not take Codeine if you are drunk.
Driving or operating heavy machines: Codeine can cause drowsiness and loss of coordination in some rare situations. Your brain and nerves can misbehave in judging what is going on. This condition can cause a severe accident and is harmful to you and the people around you.
Over or more frequent doses: Taking a Codeine tablet through over or more frequent doses doesn’t treat your pain any faster. But can cause specific unpleasant side effects. You should avoid overdoses to ensure safe treatment of your condition.
Codeine side effects
Get immediate medical attention if you experience any severe side effects of taking Codeine. Some of codeine serious side effects may include;
- Noisy breathing, shallow breathing, sighing, and other breathing issues
- A weak pulse or slow heart rate
- Light-headed feeling
- The feeling of extreme sadness or happiness
- Confusion, hallucination, agitation, unusual thoughts and behaviors
- Urination problems
- Low cortisol levels – nausea, loss of appetite, and vomiting
Serious side effects of Codeine may be more likely in overweight people and adult patients. Long-term use of Codeine may affect fertility in both men and women.
Common side effects may also occur in the form of;
- Dizziness and drowsiness
- Vomiting, nausea, stomach pain
- Rashes and itching
Common side effects don’t need any special attention and are not so dangerous. They will last for a limited period of time and will vanish on their own. Ask your doctor if they are worse.
What drugs can interact with Codeine?
Codeine can interact with certain other drugs and cause dangerous consequences. Therefore, do not mix Codeine with other high-potential drugs, especially;
- Cold or allergy medications, asthma, and COPD medications
- Other narcotic drugs (OTC & prescription drugs)
- Medicines for motion sickness, overactive bladder
- Sedatives like Valium, Alprazolam, diazepam, lorazepam Xanax and others
- Drugs that affect serotonin levels – Stimulants
- Medicines for depression, migraine headache, and severe infections
For more information, feel free to contact us.