Showing all 2 results
What is Vicodin?
- Vicodin contains acetaminophen and hydrocodone. This hydrocodone is an opioid medication. Medication is sometimes called a narcotic.
- Acetaminophen is a less potent pain that may increase the effects of hydrocodone.
- Vicodin tablets use to relieve medium to severe, moderate pain.t may also use this medication for not listed in this medication guide.
Vicodin is an opioid painkiller in the same family as morphine or codeine and works in the brain to change the way the body recognizes pain. By hiding to pain sensory receptors, it blocks a person’s experience of pain while producing a feeling of euphoria.
Medicine is a class of drugs that include the illegal drug heroin, synthetic opioids such as fentanyl, and pain relievers available by prescription like oxycodone, hydrocodone, morphine, and many others.
What to know before taking Vicodin?
Do not use it if you are allergic to acetaminophen or hydrocodone or have recently used alcohol, sedatives, tranquilizers, or other narcotic medications.
Never use this medication if you get MAO inhibitors in the past 14 days. A dangerous drug interaction could occur.
Some medicine, if mixed with hydrocodone and causes a severe condition, is known as serotonin syndrome. Confirm that your doctor knows if you are taking the medication for mental illness, depression, mental, migraine headache, or prevention of nausea and vomiting.
Do not use if you have these:
- Kidney disease,
- A head injury or seizures,
- Urination problems, or
- Liver disease,
- Breathing problems, sleep apnea
- Problems with your thyroid, pancreas, or gallbladder.
This medication causes difficulties of breathing problems in older age or people who are seriously ill or debilitated.
If you are using any narcotic medicine while pregnant, your baby may be dependent on the drug, and it causes withdrawal symptoms in the born baby.
Many babies have a habit of taking drug medicine. If this happens, then the baby will need medical treatment for several weeks. Ask your doctor if you are pregnant or going to be pregnant.
Consult your doctor before using opioid medicine if you are a breastfeeding woman. If you have severe drowsiness or slow breathing in the nursing profound slow breathing, then immediately consult your doctor.
How to take Vicodin?
- You have to take Vicodin precisely as prescribed. Read and follow all the guidance which is on the prescription label. Please do not take this medicine in large amounts for a longer time more than prescribed because it causes overdose and can damage your liver, leading to death. Ask your doctor if medicine stop working to more minor to your pain.
- Hydrocodone can create a habit from regular doses. Do not share Vicodin with another person, especially those addicted or drug abuse. Misuse of Narcotic medicine can create ADDICTION, OVERDOSE, OR DEATH in the body who are using it without prescription.
- If you are going for surgery, firstly consult your doctor if you are using this medication. May your doctor suggest you stop this medicine for a short time.
- Do not stop this medicine suddenly after a long time of use. If you stop, then you have unpleasant symptoms. Take advice from the doctor on how you can prevent this medication safely.
- Check that you got the correct pills means the same brand and type of medicine prescribed by your doctor.
Vicodin 5 mg/300 mg:
This strength of medicine is one or two tablets every four to six hours as needed for pain. It does not take more than eight tablets in a day.
Vicodin 7.5/300 mg ES:
These tablets strength in one tablet every 6 hours as needed for pain.
The total daily dose does not more than six tablets.
Vicodin 10 mg/300 mg HP:
This is usually for adults in one tablet every four to six hours as needed for pain.
The dosage is not more than six tablets in a day.
These all are starting doses.
If you have an overdose, your doctor suggests getting naloxone and allowing you to keep all time with you at all times. The person who takes care of you can give you naloxone if you have a problem in wake up or you stop breathing. Your caretaker must still get emergency medical help and may need CPR on you while waiting for help to arrive.
A hydrocodone overdose can be fatal in a child who uses this medication without guidance or prescription.
The person who knows how to use this naloxone can then buy it from a medical store or local health department.
What to avoid while using Vicodin?
- Avoid drinking alcohol because it can increase your risk of liver damage while taking acetaminophen.
- This medication can damage your thought or reactions. When you realize your medicine starts working on your body, avoid driving or any machinery activity because it causes accidents and falls.
- Getting a particular product together can cause you to get much acetaminophen, leading to a fatal overdose.
- Consult your doctor before use of any other allergy, pain, cold, or sleep medication.
Vicodin Side Effects
If you have allergic reaction symptoms to this medication, you have problems breathing, swelling of your face, lips or tongue, or throat.
Opioid medication can stop breathing and cause death.
The person who takes care of your know-how to use naloxone if you have a problem breathing with a long pause, blue-colored lips, or difficulties waking up.
In a few cases, acetaminophen can cause severe skin reactions that can be fatal.
Immediate stop taking off or consult your doctor if you have skin redness or rash that spreads and causes peeling.
Contact the doctor if you have before ever :
- Easy bruising or bleeding,
- Infertility missed menstrual periods,
- Light-headed, shallow breathing, breathing which stops during sleeping,
- Liver problem,
- Low cortisol level, high level of serotonin in the body,
- Confusion, unusual thoughts or behavior,
- impotence, sexual pain, loss of interest in sex,
Common side effects from Vicodin:
- Dry mouth,
- Blurred vision,
- Drowsiness, headache,
- Upset stomach, contraction
What drugs can interact with Vicodin?
Vicodin can interact with many drugs and create dangerous effects. Confirm with your doctor if you use:
- Cold or allergy medicines,
- Other narcotic medications,
- Pills that make you sleepy,
Drugs that make you sleepy or can slow your breathing,
- A sedative like Valium,
- Drugs that make you sleepy,
- Medicine for sickness, irritable bowel syndrome
In rare cases, acetaminophen may cause a serious skin reaction that can be fatal. Do not use Vicodin, and immediately call your doctor if you have a symptom like red skin or rash that spreads and causes blistering and peeling.