Showing all 2 results
Brand Name: Darvon
Generic Name: Propoxyphene hydrochloride
Drug Class: Opioid Analgesic
What is Darvon?
Darvon is a brand name for the drug propoxyphene hydrochloride, a narcotic pain reliever medicine. It is indicated to manage moderate to moderately severe pain. It can also work as a cough suppressant.
When used for pain management, it acts similar to codeine, morphine, and hydrocodone. But, when taken for cough management, it is weaker than codeine, morphine, and hydrocodone.
You can buy Darvon online also for other medical purposes not listed in this medication guide. Always remember, Darvon is a prescription medicine and can’t be purchased without a prescription. However, our team of doctors makes it possible by writing a free prescription for every drug you want to purchase.
Mode of action
The exact mechanism of action is not known but may involve stimulation of narcotic receptors in the brain. It increases pain tolerance and decreases discomfort, but the existence of pain is still apparent.
Besides the pain reduction, Darvon also causes respiratory depression and sedation. Take it with caution.
Darvon is a common drug of abuse in the United States. Due to its habit-forming properties, Darvon can cause drug dependence. To avoid such consequences, you need to know about certain facts associated with propoxyphene.
Read the following FAQs carefully before you buy Darvon online;
What to know before taking Darvon?
There have been several cases of accidental and intentional overdose because of Darvon’s euphoric effects. It would help if you did not take Darvon for recreational purposes or in larger dosage.
Darvon can cause severe mental illness and produce symptoms like suicidal thoughts and hallucinations in some rare cases. Do not take this opioid medicine if you have a previous mental disorder.
Propoxyphene should never be consumed together with drugs like Xanax or Valium and other antidepressants. Let your pharmacist know if you are also taking any other medicine.
It would be best if you did not share Darvon with someone with drug addiction or dependence history. Please keep it in a safe place where others cannot get to it.
To make sure Darvon is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have or ever had;
- Liver or kidney disease;
- Asthma, sleep apnea, COPD or other breathing disorders;
- Mental illness; or
- A history of brain injury or brain tumor
- A history of drug or alcohol addiction
This medicine can cause severe health conditions; always inform your pharmacist if you want to switch or change your dosage.
How to take Darvon?
To achieve the intended goals, always take Darvon with some necessary precautions. Take it exactly as it was prescribed for you. To do so, read these directions very carefully.
- You should read your prescription label very carefully every time you take treatment with Darvon.
- Never take this medicine in a larger dosage or use it for longer than recommended by your doctor. Tell your doctor if your dosage is not effective anymore.
- *You can take Darvon tablets orally with a full glass of water. Take propoxyphene pills with food or milk if it upsets your stomach.
- Ask your pharmacist how to avoid withdrawal symptoms when discontinuing the treatment.
- It would help if you always took Darvon tablets at regular intervals without missing a single dose. If you missed a dose, please take it as soon as possible but not at the time of the next dose.
- Seek urgent medical help if you have taken too much propoxyphene. Otherwise, you can experience certain severe overdose effects.
Usual adult dose for pain
65mg orally every four hours (as needed). Please talk to your doctor or buy Darvon online to get a free medication guide for more information.
What to avoid while taking Darvon?
Apart from pain management, Darvon can produce certain unintended symptoms as well. It would help if you avoided following habits to stay away from adverse results of this medicine.
Breastfeeding: Taking opioids while nursing a baby can be dangerous for your kid. The drug can pass through your breast milk and enter your baby’s system. This can produce withdrawal symptoms in your little champ.
Using in pregnancy: Using Darvon during pregnancy can affect the fetus and cause disabilities in your unborn baby. That is why Darvon is not approved to use in pregnant ladies. You also should avoid using it if you are pregnant.
Driving or operating a machine: Opioids like Darvon can produce dizziness that is not suitable for using a machine or driving a vehicle like a bus or a car. It would help if you did not drive or operate a machine after taking Darvon.
Combining Darvon with other substances: You should not mix Darvon with alcohol or any other similar drug. This can result in a drug overdose.
Over or more frequent doses: Over or more frequent doses may also lead to drug dependence and substance overdose symptoms. Please do not make it through over or in rapid quantities. Tell your pharmacist if you experience an increased urge for drug use.
Sudden discontinuation: Do not stop using Darvon suddenly after taking it for a more extended period. Premature discontinuation of such opioids may cause drug withdrawal symptoms.
Darvon side effects
Get instant medical help if you have any signs of an allergic reaction to propoxyphene: hives, swelling of your face, tongue, lips, difficulty breathing. Call your doctor/pharmacist if you have any of these severe side effects:
- Feeling light-headed, fainting;
- Shallow breathing, slow heartbeat;
- Seizure (convulsions); or
- Confusion, hallucinations, unusual thoughts or behavior;
- Jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
Less serious side effects include:
- Nausea, vomiting, constipation;
- stomach pain;
- Feeling dizzy or drowsy;
- Blurred vision; or
- Headache, muscle pain;
- Mild skin rash.
Call your doctor for more information on this.
What drugs interact with Darvon?
Certain drugs can cause serious side effects after mixing with Darvon. Inform your pharmacist or avoid taking this medicine if you are also taking any of the following treatments.
- Cold or allergy medications, asthma, and COPD medications
- Medicines for motion sickness, overactive bladder
- Other narcotic drugs (OTC & prescription drugs)
- Drugs that affect serotonin levels – Stimulants
- Sedatives like Valium, Alprazolam, diazepam, lorazepam Xanax and others
- Medication for depression, migraine headache, and serious infections
Contact us now for more information or to buy Darvon online.